12640 Wakial Loop
Phoenix, AZ 85044
Develop expertise in all areas of property, commodity and equity
Build an accurate, turn-key, internet, knowledgebase business.
Property Glen - Phoenix, AZ - August 2002 to Present
As property manager and manager of
property management companies I accomplished the following:
Managed more than 25 properties, including apartments, single family homes, and leased optioned properties. Later turned thosed properties over to professional property managers.
Developed a number of EXcel spreadsheets that monitored cash flow, return and other parameters.
Created Lease and Option agreements with my lawyer's advise. Qualified renters, negotiated rent, collected rent and followed up on maintenance issues.
Trader Glen - Phoenix, AZ - December 2004 to Present
As a stock and commodity trader, I accomplished the following:
Deveoled numerous automatic stock trading systems that included money
management, trend and counter-trend programs using Wealthlab's scripting langauage from Fidelity Investments.
Used three of the above systems to trade for the last year. Improved my returns by 25%.
Netcharge.com - Phoenix, AZ - August 1999 to March 2002
As a software engineer and
database administrator in the development group, I accomplished the following:
Developed the business interface for the B2C product,
entirely in Java, that allowed the business user to accept payments, process
shipments, respond and review complaints, and get statistics of daily business
cash flow. This interfaced to the database and to the users interface built with IBM's Visual Age.
Installed and maintained the DBMS IBM DB2 and built complex SQL
Built a web-based application that provided the basis for a B2B invoice
presentment system. Used HTML, SIML, SQL to do that development.
Motorola - Chicago Corporate Research Labs - Schaumburg, IL - Sept 1995 to December 1998
As the lead software engineer in the Group for Electro-Magnetic Solutions
(GEMS), I accomplished the following:
- Developed the Graphical User Interface for an internal
electromagnetic simulation tool called GEMFEM using, Java, JNI, and
, a GUI development tool.
- Built a distribution, bug tracking and user information repository for
the GEMS group using Motorola's internal WWW that allowed the
distribution of GEMFEM to many sites world-wide.
- Wrote the parallel portion of GEMFEM that allows it to run
multiple solutions on different machines on the network simultaneously using
Parallel Virtual Machine.
- Investigated, benchmarked, acquired, and integrated, with GEMFEM,
a state-of-the-art 3D visualizer,
- Investigated, benchmarked, and acquired a version control system,
for our development efforts.
Motorola - Paging CAE/CASE Support - Boynton Beach, Florida - Aug 1992 to Sep 1995
As a software engineer, I installed and supported Oracle RDBMS; wrote
and maintained a number of database systems, including a mail directory service
for all Motorola employees. I was also assigned
responsiblities. I created shell scripts, installed security software and
setup systems to keep Motorola's confidential information secure. I helped to
create and maintain the Internal Engineering World Wide Web. I
installed netnews, and installed and integrated WaveSoft, an
Engineering drawing and document viewer.
Motorola - LATG Information Systems - Mesa, Arizona - Jan 1991 to Aug 1992
With a small team, built the Data Warehouse
Network (DWN). The DWN allows all Motorolan professionals access to a
distributed database of business data from their PC, MAC or workstation
quickly and easily. This included contributions in the areas of research,
planning, documentation, building infrastructure, and development.
Motorola - Advanced CAD Frameworks - Tempe, Arizona - July 1987 to Jan 1991
Computer Horizons - GTE Data Services - Tampa, Florida - October 1986 to
Working as a Consultant at GTE Data Services, I was the project leader and
primary developer of an interactive transactional videotex product that
allowed large commercial users the ability to access and query their phone
bill and initiate billing communication with the phone company.
Hewlett Packard/Cericor - Salt Lake City, Utah - January 1985 to Jan 1986
A start-up company that developed the first commercial object-oriented
CAE/CAD system. The company was later bought out by Hewlett Packard. As
software engineer, I accomplished the following:
- Designed and implemented a language that enabled developers to access the
Design Data Base via a procedural interface.
- Developed a menu-building language which enabled users to create new menus without knowledge of system internals.
- Developed a message system that allowed all error messages and English text to be extracted from the system.
Tektronix - Beaverton, Oregon - March 1978 to Jan 1985
In the development of electronic instruments and computer systems as
consultant, developer, software engineering manager, project leader and
software engineer my accomplishments included:
- Led a DBMS selection, benchmarking and acquisition effort which
resulted in obtaining a state-of-the-art DBMS product.
- Selected, acquired and configured a large DEC/Applicon-based CAD/CAM system
resulting in increased productivity in ECB and Mechanical design.
- Designed and built numerous interactive computer programs for circuit board
fabrication, and component reliability.
- Provided data base design and consultation for engineers.
Biostatistics Dept., U of Utah - SLC, Utah - August 1976 to March 1978
In a university medical center as a programmer/analyst I developed a computer
based medical system which monitored patients in a national drug study
C, C++, Pascal, FORTRAN, Lisp, Java, Modula-2, MainSail, HTML, ELF, COBOL,
Snobol, Eiffel, BASIC, Forth, Algol, PL1 and assemblers for IBM, VAX, PDP 11,
PDP 8 and 8086 machines.
MACHINE EXPERIENCE (Operating Systems)
HP (HPUX), Sun (UNIX), DEC VAX 11 (UNIX and VMS), Apollo (Aegis), Symbolics
(Genera), PDP 11 (RSX and RT-11), CDC Series 170 (NOS and KRONOS), IBM PC/AT
(PC DOS), Amiga (Amiga-DOS)
Workshops and classes:
- Oracle Data Base Administration (Oracle)
- Introduction to Java Programming (Sun-NSC)
- Java Application Programming (Sun-NSC)
- Structure Analysis and System Specification (Yordon)
- Four VAX systems programming classes (DEC)
- Three Applicon CAD/CAM System classes (Applicon)
- Data Dictionary/Directory Systems (DBD Systems)
- Effective Supervision (PMA)
- Relational Database Systems (Date)
- Managing the Software Development Function (ICS)
- Principles of Data Base Management (DCA)
- Object Oriented Software Development (MU)
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Magna Cum Laude - December 1977
University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah - GPA 3.55/4.0
Emphasis on Software - DBMS's, Robotics and Compilers.
Real Estate and Stock Investor
Skier and runner
Computer Hobbyist/Ham Radio Operator - WA7KSE, Extra Class
References available upon request